Health Services

Mary Queen of Peace Catholic School follows ISD 728 rules and regulations for Health Services. MQP School secretary serves as health clerk, and is supervised by a licensed school nurse through ISD 728 for training and consultation. Health records on all students are mandated by state law. 

Reporting an Absence

If your child will be absent, please contact the school office by 8:45 am.

  • Phone:   763-428-2355
  • Email:
  • Website Form

Monitoring Your Child’s Health Concerns

If your child has a health concern that needs to be monitored while at school (food allergy, asthma, etc), all forms need to be updated annually. Action plans are specifically designed for your child’s health concern in the school setting. It allows school staff to support your child’s daily health needs, and respond quickly to any medical situation.

Each action plan must be signed by a physician and parent/guardian and updated annually to assure accurate information.  Please list specific needs or steps to follow when your child’s medical condition presents.  Return required forms to the school office as soon as possible whether your child needs medication at school or not.  If medication is required, it must be supplied in the original or prescription labeled container provided by your pharmacy, and an Authorization to Administer Medication form must be on file.

The Minnesota Medication Law emphasizes that Health Office personnel will give medication at school only in exceptional circumstances when your child’s health may be jeopardized without it.  For the safety of students, it is recommended that medication be given at home whenever possible.  For example, medication prescribed three times a day can be given before school, after school, and at bedtime.

MQP Health Office does not supply stock medications such as Benadryl, Tylenol, cough drops or any other nonprescription medications.  If your child needs to take medication at school, the law states we can give medication only under the following conditions:

  • Written authorization from your child’s physician/licensed prescriber for any prescription medication
  • Written authorization from parents or guardians for any nonprescription medication (an oral request must be followed up with a written request within two school days). If a nonprescription medication will be needed for a period longer than two weeks, a written authorization from your child’s physician/licensed prescriber is required at that time.
  • Medication must be kept in the Health Office in a currently labeled pharmacy bottle/original packaging. This may mean you need to ask your pharmacist to provide duplicate bottles of the prescription – one bottle to be kept at home and the other at school.
  • We do not allow students to self-carry medications at Mary Queen of Peace, including nonprescription, with the exception of a rescue inhaler that has been processed through the Health Office with the proper paperwork on file. No medications may be taken outside of the school Health Office that has not been processed through that office.  This includes all nonprescription medications such as aspirin, acetaminophen and ibuprofen.


Related Documents

Related Websites